Readers Choice: Top Ten

miércoles, 11 de septiembre de 2013

Public Speaking: What Amazing Nonsense You Are Talking!

Twitter / profesortbaker: Pre-Launch Phase: #Public …

See on Scoop.it  International Baccalaureate Program
EdCamp Santiago‘s insight:
Pre-Launch Phase: #Public #Speaking What #Amazing #Nonsense you Are #Talking! pic.twitter.com/VQUl8bm2zz  DEDICATION
 To Luxora High School
 Alma Mater
 In recognition of the fact that it was here where I first stood in front of a live audience (the whole town of Luxora), as a narrator for the 4H Club Talent show. We put on “The Raggedy Man”. I still know the words, even today, for they are burned into my memory, even though I could read them on that starry Spring night in the Luxora High School auditorium. I was twelve years old then, and little did I know that I would soon be playing, twice, a leading role, acting in the annual Junior-Senior Play for two years consecutively.
 I also did not know that I would be making the Senior Class President’s Speech at graduation on May 17, 1980, again, before the whole town of Luxora, as graduation was such a big deal that everybody in Luxora would attend. No, there was no way for me to know I would be speaking in front of a live audience, in public, from that day forward, in many places, on many occasions, always teaching. 
 As you can see, I have many thousands of reasons to give thanks to my Alma Mater, Luxora High School, where my teachers taught me that despite all my fears, my heart racing, my palms sweating, my blood pressure rising and my knees knocking, I could still stand in front of people, and speak the words of any speech, prepared or impromptu. 
 Again, I say, “Thank You”, Luxora High School, Alma Mater. Thanks to you, I have upheld the dignity of the spoken as well as of the written word. I owe it all to you. 
See on twitter.com

No hay comentarios:

Datos personales