Readers Choice: Top Ten

domingo, 22 de septiembre de 2013

Poems & Poetry: Our Story [Kindle Edition]

Poems & Poetry: Our Story [Kindle Edition]

Publication Date: April 28, 2012
“Take the blinders from your vision
take the padding from your ears
and confess you’ve heard me crying
and admit you’ve seen my tears.”
― Maya Angelou
With this singular look at poetry, I follow the advice of Maya Angelou, a poet who has roots in Arkansas as deep, if not deeper, than I do. I have attempted to understand what a poet feels, by “removing my blinders”, and writing poetry. I have “heard my inner thoughts”, “crying out”, to be understood, not misinterpreted.
Few poets would wish to be perfectly understood, and I am content that though this be my wish, I would rather fail, and let you have the joy of having a conversation about what my poetic reflection might possibly mean…
This book is dedicated to my family, in the USA and in Chile, and their families, and their families yet to be.
One day I will write our story.” 
On countless occasions I’ve said to them: “One day I will write our story.” This time it is I who again make the promise, “One day, I will write our story”. Like all writers, and like all poetsI have no clue if the promise will ever be kept, yet I must admit, I enjoy writing, and maybe that is all the explanation I can give to you. I hope you enjoy the reading of this book.
More importantly, I have the aspiration that you will find things in my writing with which you can identify. In this way, you the reader, and you my brother, Charlie, and you, my sisters, Linda, Kathy and Bernice, will become heirs to a shared memory of days gone by, days present, and days yet to come. More importantly, the memory will live beyond us, beyond our days, and beyond our time.
And that is well as it should be. Thus, this is the reason I write for you. Again, it has been my pleasure to write the treasured and shared memory, poetically, personally, for you.

No hay comentarios:

Datos personales